I know I’m about a week late, but here’s the list I came up with:
1. Stop cussing so much.
2. For the next 4 months – learn learn learn. Get as much as I can out of work. Same with my Fall ’12 work term.
3. During school, have a balanced lifestyle. Studying all the time just sucks. Keep up with school.
4. Get decent sleep (is it possible during school term? possibly not…)
5. Meet more people. Keep up good relationships, make a good impression.
6. Go to many events but keep my priorities in tact. Being entertainment or dev events. I need to stop feeling nervous for this stuff.
7. Keep healthy relationship with the boyfriend. Not together overly often but not too less either. Be caring for him rather than always trying to think about my side. Stop arguing when unnecessary.
8. Keep fit. Eat healthier (is easy in SF not as much in Waterwoo). I want to go to the gym a few times a week. Plus walking up and down the steep hills of SF is already a huge workout.
9. Keep healthy relationship with parents. Hoping to get a coop term in Kitchener Waterloo area, and hopefully live at home. Although I’d love to live at Velocity. I’ll have to see how things work out next term I guess.
10. READ. Novels, books on CS, and more. Not just manga (if I even get time for it). But definitely need to get back into reading again. Even fanfiction will do.
In other news, I’ve been doing some sight seeing around SF with friends and other Waterloo interns in the area. The city gave a great impression seeing as it’s been pretty good weather all week. Below are some of the pictures I’ve taken so far:
This is the famous Cable Car. They manually rotate it to turn it around – only at the last stops. Quite a bumpy ride, but it helps getting up and down those steep hills. It’s 6 dollars a ride, can also pay with Clipper card.
The view from Pier 39. This is Fischerman’s Wharf – was a nice view of the dock.
Just a visual of the steep hills. Parking must be fun.
View of Bay Bridge around sunset – beautiful view of East Bay. Also can see the moon up high too.
Yelp has been super helpful with finding great eateries. I’m hoping to explore East Bay, Mountain View, and other close by places while I’m here =)
For work – I’ve been moved around different teams as some people did not expect me. I finally seem to have found my fit on the Android client team. Hoping to get ramped up real quick so I can start learnin’.